Creating An Organic and Natural Fibre Wardrobe | One Dressmakers Eco Fashion Journey

Join me as I take the time to design, sew and create a new wardrobe after 16 years.


You know what they say, "those who provide services are the one's who end up needing the service the most but seldom take the time to take care of themselves."  Well it's true, as a professional dressmaker it's been over 16 years since I created a wardrobe for myself.  Time to change that!  

Over the next few weeks I will be designing my new organic and natural fibre wardrobe incorporating vintage, classic and modern styles with lots of color, clean lines, tailoring components, great cuts and fabric combinations.

Follow me to see the results.  I hope I can inspire you to make a change, become connected to the clothes you wear, wear clothes that make you happy and look good.  The way you want to.

Why organic?  

*I believe my body should be covered by nature
not a chemical concoction cook up in a laboratory. 

*I believe slow fashion connects me with purpose to the things I use
so I will exercise more regard as to how long I keep or when they are discarded.

*I believe in sustainability, being grateful and appreciative for the privilege of usage
with no sense of over consumed entitlement and a disrespect for where it came from.

*I believe I have the power to demand products that don't harm me or the environment
and the right to refuse any encounter with those that pollute, kill, destroy life and the planet!

Fast Disposable Fashion is.............

Destroying our Earth
Making Us Sick
Polluting Our Air
Contaminating Our Water
Manipulating Our Minds
Affecting Climate Change
Decreasing Our Self Worth
Enslaving Children
Killing People

yet

THRIVING

So my journey begins....................

I wonder what this pile of fabric will be?
What can you envision?

Some pieces are cut and waiting to be sewn.

Some are designed and some are sewn from patterns.

Several have already been sewn like this 100% linen shirt and organic cotton skirt.

This organic cotton black & white cape will add much versatility and great style.

Stay with me
There's much more to come
You'll be surprised to see the end results.

Comments

  1. organic clothing Thanks for share this amazing kind of information with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Organic Basics Clothing thand you so much for this type of wonderfull informations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Organic Basics Clothing thank you so much for this type of wonderfull informations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. if want to look different and be elegant with hijab. Then it’s better to look for amazing hijab style for parties

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for provide quality content on this post. Such a quality Content you post on the website, keep it up. Eco-Friendly Fabrics To Save The environment

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love everything related to nature and ecology

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Talk Sustainability-Fashion-Home-Environment

US Miss Earth Eco, Miss Florida Title Holder Elizabeth Tran Has Been Fulfilling Her Crown Duties Wearing Organic Clothing Provided by CATA Affiliate Companies From Around the USA